You are a natural consensus builder who promotes transparency, trust, and accountability. You are comfortable with the occasional ambiguity of a quickly growing startup, and passionate about creating alignment in goals and action. You are able to define a clear and pragmatic vision for data strategy, allowing us to draw valuable insights and opportunities from our petabytes of dynamic photo-editing data.
VSCO is looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead our practices in data engineering, business intelligence, and product experimentation. This is a unique opportunity to join a small extraordinary team building the foundation for VSCO’s long-term success. The span of potential impact for this role is wide, offering plenty of visibility and room to grow as the business expands.
- Lead the vision and execution of data governance at VSCO, addressing all aspects of instrumentation, transformation, storage, quality, security, and accessibility
- Empathize and maintain strong relationships with internal partners, enabling them to make quick and deeply informed business decisions
- Produce, execute, and evangelize the adoption of a scalable framework for gathering, synthesizing, & prioritizing data requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams across engineering, machine learning, product management, and data science to execute the development of data-based APIs, services, pipelines, tools, and aggregates
- Streamline operations around A/B/n test experimentation that guide decision-making around products, by promoting automation and lightweight process design
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- 2+ years of data product/program management experience
- Hands-on experience with data infrastructure (i.e. Kafka, Airflow, Spark, S3, MySQL, Redshift) and third-party visualization tooling (i.e. Periscope, Tableau, Mode, Looker, Superset, Mixpanel)
- Experience and flexibility managing teams with agile methodologies
- Clear, concise, organized communication and problem solving skills
Nice to have
- Previous hands-on experience as a data engineer or data analyst
- Experience in virtualized server infrastructure (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.