You hold an analytical mindset and are motivated by the opportunity to have direct impact on a business through identifying actionable insights. You are a team player that thrives off of collaborating with others and are concise and clear in your communication, with the ability to adjust to a variety of scenarios. You think through problems from many angles in order to come up with optimal solutions. Your strengths lie in analysis and crafting business models - you’re most excited about the opportunity to take those skills and solve unique and sometimes ambiguous challenges that will move a business forward. You are a proactive and independent thinker, eager to own work from start to finish.
VSCO is seeking a driven, thoughtful and highly detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. You will primarily be working with the Senior FP&A Lead and VP of Finance to support our operating expense planning and growth. You will partner with varying cross-functional teams to ensure full transparency and alignment to our overall strategy. Your expertise in finance will have significant impact by driving our high-growth environment forward and ensuring optimal business decisions are made with a focus on improving processes as we scale our business.
- Responsible for monthly and intra-monthly forecasting, ensuring the financial model is timely, accurate and aligned with the business
- Assist with budget vs. actual reporting and analysis on a monthly basis and provide actionable insights and reports to budget owners, leveraging a combination of automated software and manual reporting
- Maintain the financial model in our automated planning tool, Adaptive Insights (close coordination with accounting)
- Partner with budget owners that will look to you for guidance and support - you’ll have broad exposure and collaborate across multiple teams to effectively manage and guide strategic financial decisions and projected expenses towards growth of the business
- 3+ years of relevant finance work experience; start-up and/or experience with scale a plus
- Expertise with disparate systems and improving processes to streamline workflow; experience with Adaptive Insights and NetSuite is a plus
- Experience in the consumer mobile, SaaS, or other high-tech consumer-facing industry is highly desirable
- Ability to balance the need to provide support and analysis to business partners, while simultaneously recognizing corporate objectives
- Ability to influence peers, operational managers and the executive team
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.