You are self-driven, naturally curious and highly logical - one who can take on complex problems, suggest a thorough approach and provide clear solutions. You hold exceptional collaboration and communication skills, and have a knack for working across teams. You continuously seek out opportunities to influence decisions with data. You utilize critical thinking and a strategic mindset to navigate your way through solving ambiguous questions.
VSCO is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to take our growth analytics practice to the next level. You will be in a highly visible and strategic role that sits on our Data Science team and works closely with both our VP of Product and Growth team. You will uncover the drivers of growth, identify trends and seek out areas of opportunity. You’ll also present your findings and recommendations to our Growth and Leadership teams. As VSCO continues on a high growth trajectory, the opportunity for impact in this role is immense.
- Identify the drivers of key growth metrics and report your findings to the Growth and Leadership teams
- Partner with Product Managers and our Marketing team to discern the true impact of different initiatives as it relates to overall growth metrics
- Build a forecast for key growth metrics and report progress against it regularly
- Perform ecosystem analyses to identify areas of growth opportunity
- Create dashboards and other tools to democratize access to data
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field, or equivalent
- 3+ years of full-time work experience as a Data Analyst at a consumer internet company and 1+ year as a Growth Analyst (or equivalent)
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and a data manipulation language, such as R or Python
- Expert in communication, with a consistent record of partnering across various teams and disciplines
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines, ETLs and data visualization tools
Nice to have
- Experience writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in Python
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.