You hold a passion for taking the written word and crafting content that will enhance the user experience. You view content as equal parts data and creativity — you develop a strategy and communicate clear methodology, while also adding an artistic touch to the work you do. You function best in a collaborative environment, and thrive off of being a team player across varying channels. You think and execute strategically, always seeking to better the community experience through useful, concise and relevant wording.
VSCO is seeking a Content Strategist to join our Product Design team. This is a new practice for us — you will have the opportunity to build and own this function here. You will be tasked with creating clear and concise product messaging that reflects the VSCO brand. Key stakeholders will include the Product and Marketing organizations, whom you will partner closely with through the entire product development lifecycle. You will be instrumental in bettering the user journey and experience through the language we use. You will be the leader of this space, ensuring we continue to educate and inspire our creative community through the use of thoughtful language.
- Define and craft clear messaging across the VSCO product that is strongly aligned to our brand
- Partner cross-functionally and advocate for the content features and experiences that will most positively impact our users
- Experiment and test out which verbiage is most impactful and useful for the community
- Ensure consistency in brand voice and tone through language used within the product
- Maintain a curious and innovative mindset by seeking out ways to improve the community experience through word choice
- Partner closely with Product Design, Product, and Marketing to bring your insights to fruition
- MFA/MA in writing or BA/FA degree in English, Communications or Advertising
- 4+ years of content strategy/copywriting/UX writing experience (leadership/management experience a plus)
- Ability to write creatively and strategically
- Desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Portfolio featuring work examples
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
- Strong writing and concepting skills
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.