You are motivated by the challenge and opportunity to own work from concept to completion. You are an inquisitive and proactive self-starter with a knack for seeing problems before they occur. You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You're at your best when collaborating on projects with internal teams, but also enjoy diving into problems autonomously. You view things holistically - you have strong business sense that allows you to understand the bigger picture, while simultaneously holding the ability to dig into the detailed minutiae.
VSCO is seeking a Senior Technical Accountant to hold ownership over assessing all technical accounting matters and financial reporting. You will provide technical accounting support and analysis to the Controller and VP of Finance. Your interactions and partnership with the GL Accounting team, FP&A, varying groups throughout VSCO and third party consultants provide you with a wide scope of impact. You will ensure and drive accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards. You'll also have the opportunity to assist in special projects and process improvements.
- Participate in monthly financial close and technical areas (includes all aspects of equity and equity expense accounting, software capitalization and various ad-hoc technical issues)
- Prepare financial statements, including notes to financial statements annually and monthly / quarterly reporting packages (balance sheet, P&L and cash flow reports)
- Perform technical accounting research, which will also cover analysis for the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. revenue recognition and leases)
- Document findings and conclusions in technical accounting memos
- Assist the Controller with external auditors, legal, tax and GL teams for the annual audit, tax and any other compliance exercises
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for financial reporting, as well as technical and general accounting processes
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of collective accounting experience in a relevant role(s)
- Highly proficient with US GAAP and financial statements
- Strong Excel skills are a must and NetSuite experience is highly preferred
- Detail oriented with an organized and methodical mindset
- Well-versed in communication, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of researching discrepancies, solving problems, improving processes and proposing solutions to issues as they arise
- Proactive, self-starter with an ability to work independently toward team objectives
- Expertise driving complex initiatives and managing varying priorities in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- Interest and/or experience in the startup / tech industry (SaaS industry experience preferred)
- 2+ years of Big 4, and/or public accounting/audit and private industry experience
- CPA license
- Experience with ERP systems, NetSuite and Shareworks
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.