You will build tools that push the limits of what we can do with photos and video on mobile. You are motivated by having a direct impact on the expression and education of millions of global creators, and will help them invest in themselves with intention. There is no higher order than an exceptional product. Clean code is implied.
At VSCO, we care deeply about pushing the boundaries on what our users can do with photos on their mobile device. We strive to not only equip people with powerful tools to transform their images, but also the context of education and community to challenge the idea of what is possible on a phone. We believe every person is on a journey to craft their voice and style, and we have a unique opportunity to join them along that journey.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to play an integral role on our iOS team, and to work on a product that impacts millions of people around the world. You’ll be collaborating with other developers who have a similar passion for both our users and creativity.
- Architect and build new features, tools, and workflows for VSCO’s iOS photo and video products
- Build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Marketing teams in concepting, prototyping, user testing, and implementing new features
- Partner cross-functionally with fellow engineers to ensure consistency is maintained across platforms
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Expertise with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa frameworks
- Skilled in writing unit tests and testable code
Nice to have
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Experience with image processing frameworks
- Expertise collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Familiarity with photo and video in the mobile space
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.