You will build tools that push the limits of what we can do with photos and video on mobile. You are motivated by having a direct impact on the expression and education of millions of global creators, and helping them invest in themselves with intention. There is no higher order than an exceptional product. Clean code is implied.
You are someone who is passionate about the product you help to build. You have a deep understanding of the native architectural patterns within your platform. You are driven by providing high impact solutions for the team at large. As a part of the Product Infrastructure team you thrive on streamlining architectural standards to improve the productivity and capabilities of your teammates.
- Create next-generation architecture that will optimize performance across the mobile platform
- Drive architectural standards by collaborating with internal teams to prioritize and deliver high impact patterns and solutions
- Build clean, testable, maintainable code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality
- Document and ensure standards for platform architecture and patterns
- Partner cross-functionally with fellow engineers to ensure consistency is maintained across platforms
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Passionate / skilled / dedicated to strong documentation
- Experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Expertise with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa frameworks
- Skilled in writing unit tests and testable code
Nice to have
- Passion for beautiful, responsive, and functional design
- Experience with image processing frameworks
- Expertise collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- Familiarity with photo and video in the mobile space
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.