You have a background in machine learning and you’re passionate about applying new technologies to help people realize their creative potential. You’re comfortable in the fast-paced environment of a quickly growing startup, and steadfast in driving teams toward clarity in goals and action.
VSCO is looking for a Senior Program Manager to own the roadmap, priorities, and product requirements for our ML engineering team. You’ll partner with product managers and technical leads to deliver models that power VSCO products -- pushing the boundaries of possibility and leading us to build even more innovative experiences for our vibrant community. This is a unique opportunity to work with a small world-class team building the foundation for VSCO’s long-term success. The span of potential impact for this role is wide, offering plenty of visibility and room to grow as the business expands.
For more background on how we use ML at VSCO, see this article: https://www.fastcompany.com/40428527/vsco-is-teaching-computers-to-interpret-photos-like-a-human
- Manage the roadmap, priorities, and workflow within the core ML team
- Collaborate with partner teams across the company to define and deliver on their needs for product features and experiments
- Coordinate programs for model training and continuous feedback
- Establish and track success metrics for team efforts
- Consult across the company as a subject matter expert in ML possibilities and strategic initiatives
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- You have at least 3 years of program or product management experience with ML and relevance systems
- You possess the ability to think strategically and socialize a clear, compelling product vision
- You have experience and flexibility managing teams with agile methodologies
- You exhibit concise, organized communication and problem solving skills
Nice to have
- Hands-on ML or distributed systems engineering experience with consumer products at global scale
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.