You are naturally curious and highly logical; someone who can break down complex problems, suggest a rigorous and thoughtful approach, and provide clear solutions in return. You hold exceptional collaboration and communication skills, and can work across teams to discover opportunities and influence decisions with data insights. You seek to equip and empower others to make data informed decisions through automated solutions.
VSCO is looking to bring on a Senior Data Analyst to build out and lead our marketing analytics practice. This role will sit on our Data Science team and collaborate closely with our Chief Marketing Officer, as well as the greater marketing team here. As the pioneer of this practice, you'll be tasked with defining how we track and measure the impact of marketing campaigns. Your insights will inform investments in Marketing and directly impact user acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Partner with the Marketing and Data Engineering teams to define and build frameworks for measuring marketing campaigns
- Identify key metrics, conduct in-depth and thorough analysis, and communicate insights to the team in order to drive product improvement
- Partake in quantitative research and analysis
- Collaborate cross-functionally to analyze what data is needed, what to purchase from vendors, and what needs to be built
- Utilize our global data set to build our marketing analytics practice from the ground up
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or a highly quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant full-time work experience, preferably at a consumer internet company
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and a data manipulation language, such as R or Python
- Hands-on experience with marketing analytics data, attribution models, clickstream or event pipelines, and ETL
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques, such as hypothesis testing and regression
- Strong communication skills with a consistent record of collaborating across a wide variety of teams and disciplines
Nice to have
- Experience writing ETL and data manipulation scripts in Spark or Python
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.