You are motivated by the challenge and opportunity to own work from concept to completion. You are an inquisitive and proactive self-starter with a knack for seeing problems before they occur. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You thrive when collaborating on projects with internal teams, , yet still love to dive into problems on your own. Getting into the weeds doesn’t scare you, but while you love the details, you have the business sense to see the big picture.
As a Senior Technical Accountant, you will be responsible for assessment of all technical accounting matters and financial reporting. You will provide technical accounting support and analysis to the Controller and VP of Finance. Interacting closely with the GL Accounting team and FP&A team, as well as across the organization & third party consultants, you will ensure accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards. You will also have the opportunity to assist in special projects and process improvements.
- Participate in monthly financial close, in technical areas, including all aspects of equity and equity expense accounting, software capitalization and various other ad-hoc technical issues
- Prepare financial statements, including notes to financial statements annually, and monthly / quarterly reporting packages (balance sheet, P&L and cash flow reports)
- Perform technical accounting research, including the analysis for the implementation new accounting standards (including revenue recognition and leases).
- Document findings and conclusions in technical accounting memos
- Assist the Controller with external auditors, legal, tax and GL teams for the annual audit, tax and other compliance exercises
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for financial reporting, technical and general accounting processes
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 4 years of collective accounting experience in a relevant role(s)
- Highly proficient with US GAAP and financial statements
- Strong Excel skills are mandatory and NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to research discrepancies, solve problems and propose solutions to issues as they arise
- Proactive, positive, self-starter attitude and ability to work independently toward the team’s objectives with minimal direction/guidance
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex initiatives while managing competing priorities
Nice to Have
- Strong interest and/or experience in the startup / tech industry, with SaaS industry experience
- Big 4 and/or public accounting/audit (2+ years) and private industry experience (2+ years)
- CPA license
- ERP systems experience, NetSuite and Shareworks experience
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.