You’re known for your positive, thoughtful and uplifting energy - it’s what draws others to you. You see value in the details; organization fulfills you and you remain task-centric through lists or other versions of time management. When a challenge arises, you hold a calm and resourceful mindset and seek to find the optimal solution. You enjoy being hands-on and in the weeds of things. You have a natural ability to multitask and thrive when a variety of tasks are on your plate.
VSCO is seeking an Office Operations Manager that will play a pivotal role in our Oakland office as we grow our headcount and expand our footprint. You will report to our Director of IT & Facilities and have a key role in two areas of our business, both owning programs that are people focused and ensuring VSCO remains well-maintained from a facilities stance. Your expertise in office management, owning safety and food service programs and running both large and small scale events will drive significant impact on VSCO. Beyond maintaining what’s already in place here, you will be offered the trust and ownership to craft positive change that will take us to new heights.
- Manage office facilities (e.g. own the facilities helpdesk, schedule regular maintenance, handle shipping & receiving and oversee office supplies)
- Oversee office security functions
- Own and monitor our building Life Safety Plan and Safety Warden Program
- Direct any internal or external facing events by acting as the primary point-of-contact
- Administer our office food service program in Oakland, including both vendor and staff management
- Attend to floor plans and seating chart - keep tabs on and plan for headcount growth
- Own providing new hires with a welcoming, mission-aligned onboarding experience during their first week
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (start-up environment experience a plus)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Hold an adaptable and customer-centric mindset - no task is too big or too small for you
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with a focus on continuous growth and improvement of our processes
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.