You hold a passion for taking the written word and crafting content that will enhance the user experience. You view content as equal parts data and creativity — you develop a strategy and communicate clear methodology, while also adding an artistic touch to the work you do. You function best in a collaborative environment, and thrive off of being a team player across varying channels. You think and execute strategically, always seeking to better the community experience through useful, concise and relevant wording.
VSCO is seeking a Lead Content Strategist to join our Product Design team. This is a new practice for us — you will have the opportunity to build and own this function here. You will create clear and concise product messaging that reflects the VSCO brand. Key stakeholders will include the Product and Marketing organizations, whom you will partner closely with through the entire product development lifecycle. You will be instrumental in bettering the user journey and experience through the language we use. You will be the leader of this space, ensuring we continue to educate and inspire our creative community through the use of thoughtful language.
- Design and implement clear messaging across the VSCO product that is strongly aligned to our brand
- Build taxonomy for our content strategy practice
- Own in-product content for the entire user journey
- Shape, guide and ensure consistency in brand voice and tone is utilized throughout product verbiage
- Partner cross-functionally and advocate for the content features and experiences that will most positively impact our users
- Utilize testing and experimentation to validate which verbiage is most positive and impactful for the community
- Impact and influence how our product evolves over time by remaining curious and seeking out ways to improve the creator experience through words
- Partner closely with Product Design, Product, and Marketing, acting as the voice for product content
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of user flow(s) and UX/UI principles
- 4+ years of content strategy/UX writing experience (leadership/management experience a plus)
- Working experience writing for a mobile product
- Ability to write strategically, creatively and concisely
- High degree of attention to detail
- Desire to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Portfolio featuring work examples
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
- Strong writing and concepting skills
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.