You are a thoughtful leader that draws energy from mentoring and growing others. You prioritize people always and understand the work of the whole is better than that of one individual. You have a strong desire to provide accessibility to a global audience on the web. Figuring out how to drive top of funnel growth through use of well thought-out user experiences is a challenge that excites you. You are a critical thinker and enjoy delving into API functionality. You consistently challenge the status quo and seek out innovative ways to move the needle on web.
VSCO is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a pivotal area of our business. The work you do will directly enable both our web team and creative community to move forward. You will lead and guide your team toward growth and ultimately enable them to do their best work every day. You’ll partner closely with our Product, Marketing, Design and Engineering orgs to prioritize decision making and collaboratively determine how to meet company wide goals.
- Represent your team in cross-functional strategic planning and estimation meetings
- Active participant in the team, providing tactical support, technical direction, as well as higher level guidance
- Create and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for your team alongside leadership and People Ops (including sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates)
- Collaborate with the broader engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- 2+ years of experience in a engineering leadership role, with hands-on technical management expertise
- Working knowledge partnering and executing alongside cross-functional feature teams
- Expertise in solving business-wide challenges, beyond engineering
Nice to Have
- Passionate about beautiful design with a strong desire to contribute to a small team with Lean methodologies
- Experience with experimentation and A/B frameworks
- Working knowledge implementing internationalization on the web
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering fields, or relevant work experience
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.