VSCO is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead and develop a talented cross-functional team of mobile developers. Alongside varying teams, such as Product Design, Product Management and Marketing, you will build for the mission of helping everybody fall in love with their own creativity. The collaborative efforts of all will allow VSCO to craft an innovative and sustainable growth practice that prioritizes the member experience every step of the way.
You will be a large driver in making our mission possible. The practices, metrics, experiments and solutions you put in place will directly influence our long-term product roadmap. You will ideate and execute on growth initiatives, that in turn move VSCO and our creative community forward. As an engineering leader, you will prioritize fostering an environment of individual growth within your team of iOS and Android engineers. You will supply your team with the individualized support, tools and mentorship needed to help them reach their fullest potential.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of skilled mobile engineers through an environment of continuous feedback, thought partnership and formal reviews
- Partner with varying cross-functional teams across the organization to understand, test and improve our member experience
- Consistently reexamine and refine the team’s focus and work flow to ensure the highest impacting solutions for the product are the top priority
- Alongside your team and cross-functional partners, identify weak points in the user funnel and net new opportunities to connect our creative community to the tools, spaces and connections they need to be successful
- Collaborate with leadership to set the vision, implement plans, and ultimately deliver an excellent user journey for our creators
- Resource the hiring plan for your team, alongside leadership and People Ops (including sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring candidates)
- 4+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role, with hands-on technical and people management expertise
- 2+ years experience working in mobile technologies (iOS & Android preferred)
- Expertise leveraging metrics/data to inform product and business decisions
- Track record of strategically thinking through and solving business-wide challenges, both in and out of engineering
Nice to have
- Experience with A/B testing and running experiments
- Affinity for photography and/or the arts
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.