You are a thoughtful engineering leader who is passionate about building the best infrastructure to support both our internal teams and the broader VSCO community. You thrive at the intersection of mentoring and growing a team, while simultaneously being hands-on and delivering high quality systems and tools. Solving technical scalability challenges is a core motivator for you. You question the status quo and seek to continually create better efficiencies.
VSCO is looking for a DevOps Manager to lead and guide the team responsible for building and maintaining our foundational technology. Every experience our creators have stems from the building blocks you put in place. You will hone in on the technology we deliver and manage, ensuring it’s automated, secure, efficient, reliable, and scalable. In addition, you will craft targeted coaching strategies to grow your team. You will have significant impact in our high-growth environment.
- Partner with other engineering leaders at VSCO to identify, plan and deliver impactful solutions to pain points experienced by your partnering engineering teams
- Own and participate in on-call rotations and policies for the engineering department - this includes driving efficient incident management practices involving communication with leadership teams
- Continue to build best in class solutions for VSCO’s infrastructure using Chef/Puppet, AWS, Datadog/Statsd, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins/Travis, Envoy, Terraform, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Cultivate and build a SLI/SLO/SLA focused engineering culture
- Collaborate with your peers and leadership to help define our technical direction and product/project roadmaps
- 4+ years experience operating high scale cloud infrastructure at consumer internet companies
- 2+ years experience leading an engineering team
- Experience building areas of expertise and ownership for your team by providing personal and technical coaching
- Possess a collaborative mindset always - you embody a one team approach to decision making
- Experienced with Linux systems (Ubuntu)
- Deep understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.