Creating an environment where people can do their best work is a key strength and motivator for you. You care deeply about building exceptional mobile products, systems, and tools for a global creative audience. You are a thoughtful leader that draws energy from mentoring and growing others. You prioritize people always and understand the work of the whole is better than that of one individual.
VSCO is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead one of our talented teams of engineers. As part of an interdisciplinary team – Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, and more – you’ll build products and tools on our iOS and Android apps to support our mission of helping everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
The Core Creation team is responsible for one of VSCO’s flagship features – our image studio and camera features – that our creators use to create and manipulate their work. Our tools are used by millions of creators daily, and are a key driver of VSCO’s overall growth. As an EM, you’ll be responsible for providing your team with the feedback, tools, systems, and processes needed to help them reach their fullest potential – individually and collectively.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of skilled mobile engineers through an environment of continuous feedback, thought partnership and formal reviews
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand, test and improve our member experience
- Regularly groom the team’s backlog, in partnership with members of your team, to ensure work is correctly prioritized
- Contribute to identifying weak points in the user experience, and finding net new opportunities, to leverage the power of our creative tools while maintaining ease of use
- Collaborate with leadership to set the vision, implement project plans, and deliver an excellent user experience for creators on VSCO
- Build your team, hand-in-hand with our People Ops team: invest time and build scalable processes to source, screen, interview, and hire people that elevate our team
- Lead and contribute to discussions and decisions around the projects your team takes on, dividing work into milestones, and creating systems to foster and track momentum on project execution
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role, with 3+ years experience managing other engineers
- 2+ years experience working on mobile apps (strong preference given to experience building native applications on iOS and/or Android)
- Experience using metrics/data to inform product and business decisions
- Track record of solving business challenges with strategic thinking, working across departments about and solving business-wide challenges, both in and out of engineering
Nice to have
- Experience with A/B testing and running experiments
- Affinity for photography and/or the arts
VSCO is a creative channel. We build creative tools, spaces and connections driven by self-expression. Our Mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.