You get energy from making an impact through building principle led, people centric systems to help our team be their most effective. Coworkers and friends would describe you as caring, intentional, and influential. Your positive energy is infectious and you thrive on developing individuals, helping to raise the bar across the organization. You are a proactive problem solver, anticipating future needs with a strong bias for action.
VSCO is looking for a People Ops (POps) Director to play an impactful role on our tight knit and collaborative team. Reporting into our VP of People, you will lead our POps team to design and drive our overarching employee experience through people programs, processes, systems, and tools, ensuring scalability and efficiency along the way.
- Consult with leadership on driving a team-oriented, high performing culture that ensures fairness across the organization, developing and maintaining performance programs, internal communication, retention and rewards, people development, and organization planning
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the business, and provide a consultative approach to the VSCO team on people and business decisions
- Drive a continual learning mindset and provide leadership, mentorship, and development to our people team through coaching and 1:1s
- Analyze trends and metrics to guide decision making around our programs and policies
- Work closely with our recruiting team to proactively implement org changes to help us scale and grow
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in People Ops field (start up experience and scaling a growing company, a plus), with experience building collaborative, effective teams of diverse perspectives
- Proven expertise in designing scalable and impactful people programs
- Unquestioned integrity with ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with the highest level of discretion and judgment
Nice to have
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with competing priorities - flexibility is key
- Strong analytical and data management skills with knack for telling a story using data and trends
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.