You are a collaborative engineering leader who understands the nuances of building large-scale consumer products. You excel in cross-functional environments of growth and experimentation. You get energy from building teams and are motivated by the impact you could make on our mission of helping everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
We are seeking an engineering leader who will help direct the future of our product through the performance, quality, look, feel, and experience of VSCO. You will be responsible for the engineering teams building VSCO’s mobile product, leading cross-functional alignment in setting and executing on our engineering roadmap.
- Manage, mentor, and grow our Mobile Engineering team (across all clients) with continuous feedback and an empathetic approach
- Provide proactive guidance on systems, technologies and standards to help our app scale with our global membership growth
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Finance and Marketing to build and enhance our consumer’s experiences
- Manage multiple project timelines and deliverables both at a leadership level and within the engineering team
- 8+ years building products at scale, with 4+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the consumer mobile space
- Passionate about building mobile applications with a detailed knowledge of Android or iOS
- Practiced in experimentation, leveraging data to guide decision making
- Experience coaching teams to balance iterative platform optimizations with high quality product development
- Strong communication and coaching skills with an empathetic, collaborative, and growth mindset
- Demonstrated experience flexing between the type of work required at both leadership and team levels
- Experience scaling teams and guiding career development for engineers
- Must play nice with others - embodies a one team approach to team thinking
Nice to have
- A deep appreciation for photography, video and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued