VSCO’s mission is to help everyone fall in love with their own creativity. We are looking for someone to help build our business, grow our brand, and execute on that mission.
You are strategic, results-oriented and entrepreneurial. You are a passionate leader who understands people and thrives on ideating, validating and executing on new business. You will develop strategies and execution plans to drive user growth and engagement through bespoke partnerships. You excel in a thoughtful environment of creative thinkers and builders while driving business value. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
You will close deals that are strategic to VSCO’s sustainability and growth. You have a deep understanding of mobile, consumer technology and a love for the ways in which technology and creativity intersect. You will collaborate closely with product, marketing, business and engineering to create programs that are more than the sum of their parts.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong strategy and deal making background, combined with extensive experience working closely with product and engineering team on developing and executing on new business, revenue and product partnerships. This role will define the business development practice at VSCO, to ensure we’re accelerating our growth and telling our story to a world-wide audience. Extensive experience in identifying, negotiating, and executing large scale and complex strategies is required. You should have a demonstrated ability to think critically about business models and operational requirements, with the ability to build and present compelling business cases and partner value propositions
- Qualify, structure, negotiate and execute on distribution, product, technology and revenue partnerships
- Develop and execute our partnership roadmap, working to deliver on the success metrics for the business and the brand
- Apply rigorous and consistent framework for evaluating the economic and strategic costs and benefits of new business and partnership opportunities
- Actively shape and steer VSCO’s partner ecosystem
- Identify potential VSCO’s gaps, opportunities, and risks in the market - and work with leadership to address them
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Marketing to execute on our roadmap and drive forward
- Manage multiple project timelines and deliverables, both at a leadership level and within the product/design/engineering and marketing team s
- Champion the VSCO creator experience and brand with thoughtful and creative integrations and marketing initiatives
- Lead tactical, day-to-day operations of a cross-functional team
- 7+ years of BD experience with a consumer, mobile product at scale, with 4+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience applying BD frameworks to support business metrics, marketing initiatives, and company mission
- Strong understanding of technical limitations, and an ability to advocate for partner values cross-functionally
- Strong people skills, with a relentless desire to make progress on key initiatives
- Ability to present, advocate, and iterate collaboratively on initiatives, both strategic and tactical
- Strong written communication skills, without relying on tired business tropes that have no meaning
- Must play nice with others - embodies a “one team” approach to team thinking
- Manage and mentor a small team of business development professionals
- Extensive experience crafting and executing bespoke, first of its kind partnerships
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.