You thrive on digging into production issues and driving timely resolutions. Monitoring applications, systems and networks grant the insights you need to quickly identify potential issues. Impacting virtually every team in the engineering organization, you help design and drive productization practices that scale in a rapidly growing company.
VSCO is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our DevOps team in providing a highly available and performant platform to our creative community. Our team is lean and nimble, so you will collaborate closely with technical leadership and cross team to play a big role in defining SLOs, productization practices, performance and uptime reports. You’re a teammate that is eager to learn, willing to teach, and ready to dig into issues and take initiative.
- Responsible for infrastructure stability and uptime, alongside our DevOps team
- Hands on development and improvement of productization practices
- Build out tools, services and process to improve engineering’s shared on call responsibilities
- Hands on development and improvement of the build, CI/CD systems
- Contribute to existing systems and services with a focus on performance and reliability
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement and improve our production environment
- Leveraging top of the line monitoring tools (i.e. Datadog, LogicMonitor) to gain actionable insights into system performance
- Triaging production and working with on-call teams to resolve and remediate issues in a distributed, micro-service-oriented environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years applicable experience working in small dev teams with Lean methodologies
- Strong experience monitoring and debugging high volume distributed systems
- Strong Programming experience (Go, PHP, Ruby, Java, Node.JS etc.)
- Proven experience in reliability engineering
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, AWS, Linux
Nice to have
- Experienced with programming languages like Go, PHP, NodeJS, Java, Ruby, Python
- Experienced with automation tools like Chef, Terraform
- Experienced with APM solutions and monitoring tools like Datadog, LogicMonitor
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc.
- A personal connection to photography and/or arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.