You will build the tools that enable our internal stakeholders in engineering, product, marketing and data analytics to make sense of the billions of events that we collect daily, which will ultimately empower our business to make data driven decisions faster.In this role, you will help our business gain insight into how our creators use VSCO so that we can continuously improve our product and aid our mission in helping everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role, with experience using the following software/tools:
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Object-oriented scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
Nice to have
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.