You are a passionate creative who thrives on crafting compelling content experiences. You excel in a thoughtful environment of brand, product and content marketers while driving focused execution. You see design from both a macro and micro mindset.
We are looking for a strong creative leader that will help drive the brand voice, both visually and verbally, through unique consumer facing content experiences. This role will work within the in-house Editorial Studio to ensure that we are delivering a consistent, compelling and engaging message across VSCO’s content and in-real-life programming. You will have the opportunity to grow and mentor a team of talented designers and writers. We’re looking for a creative leader who will thrive in the strategic thinking needed at this stage of our business, but also has a strong interest and experience working with the detail and nuanced work needed to consistently elevate our creative standards.
- Oversee the design and production of content campaigns and programs for the Editorial Studio of the marketing organization
- Inspire the team and organization as a whole in all areas of production, including visual, copy, motion and experience design
- Mentor, manage and grow a team of art directors, designers and copywriters through multiple projects and timelines
- Actively shape and steer VSCO’s brand and editorial voice and identity
- Liaise with external creative agencies, community members, brand partners and corporate partners for new creative opportunities while ensuring brand standards
- 7+ years of experience building a compelling content and editorial practice OR consumer brand campaigns, 4+ years in a creative leadership role at a digital agency, a consumer-based brand, or a technology brand
- Proven knowledge of fundamental creative disciplines and creative processes, with focused expertise in at least one discipline: brand development, copywriting, design, or digital marketing
- Specialization in motion, including film production, motion graphics and visual effects; with a focus on emerging social platforms
- Ability to mentor and guide creative talent, prioritize work and resources, and provide timely and clear critical feedback
- Experience working within a technology driven and structured environment, specifically liaising across multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Growth, Business Development and Brand
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities in both internal and external situations, including corporate leadership, brand partners, digital agencies and internal departments.