You will build tools that push the limits of what we can do with photos and video on mobile. You are motivated by having a direct impact on the expression and education of millions of global creators, and will help them invest in themselves with intention. There is no higher order than an exceptional product. Clean code is implied.
We are looking for an Android Engineer to play an integral role on our mobile team. As our Android community continues to expand rapidly, we need an innovative and enthusiastic engineer to drive development on a wide range of VSCO products.
- Design, build, and iterate on compelling features for the VSCO Android app
- Help integrate new technologies and design methodologies to optimize and maintain the existing Android codebase
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across VSCO (product/design/creative) to deliver and launch projects across platforms
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience working on mobile applications
- Experience working on mobile consumer applications
- Expertise in Java and the Android SDK
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Working knowledge writing unit tests and testable code
- Interest in mentoring a junior engineer, who will be collaborating closely with you on multiple projects
Nice to have
- Passion for beautiful, responsive design
- Familiarity with SQLite, RxJava, MVP, MVVM, Data Binding, Retrofit, gRPC, Dependency Injection, and Android Architecture Components
- Experience writing Kotlin
- Familiarity with the Gradle build system
- Experience with mobile memory/performance profiling tools
- Expertise working on vertical teams
- A deep appreciation for photography and the visual arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.